Learn how to use your GPS unit to improve property planning, monitor
changes on your property and make sure your property map is accurate on
the ground. The workshops will provide you with practical advice on how
to use your GPS unit and how to link it with your property map and how
to plan property infrastructure using your handheld unit.
Workshop topics include:
• How to set up a GPS correctly
• Working with way points and tracks to better navigate on-property
• Measuring areas and distances
• Downloading and uploading information into a property computer mapping program to assist with mapping, regulatory requirements etc
• Taking geo-tagged photos for monitoring sites
As part of the workshop, participants will receive assistance with their own GPS unit as well as a GPS glovebox guide illustrating how to use different GPS units.
On successful completion, participants will
receive a Statement of Attainment for unit 'Use hand held e-business
tools' (AHCBUS301A) part of the Certificate III in Agriculture.
As an approved training provider,
grazing enterprises within the Fitzroy Basin Association (FBA) region
may be eligible to claim back 70% (up to $700) of the cost of this
AgForce Queensland course through the FBA Grazing Training Reimbursement
Program. For more information please visit http://www.fba.org.au/grazing-training-reimbursement-program/.